Knowledge Is Limitless

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Student Success Statement

"When I do good, I feel good.
When I do bad I feel bad."

Abraham Lincoln

Here, Abraham Lincoln is saying very profound words, although simple, they explain the basics of choosing the right, & the consequences for choosing the wrong, perfectly. Obviously doing good will make you feel good and doing bad will only lead to more bad feelings within yourself. An example of this is when i was 8 and broke one of my mom's statues. I was afraid of getting in trouble so i never claimed responsibility. My mom eventually found it and i saw she was saddened. i felt bad for breaking it but i felt worse for not admitting it was me. i lived with the guilt for several days until i couldn't take the guilt and told her i'm the one who broke her statue. My mom didn't even get mad at me, she gave me a hug and told me i was forgiven, although small, being forgiven was way better than lying and hiding it from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment